I found this recipe on the blog for The Girl Who Ate Everything (www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com)
I decided to make these because the Snowman Trash (as some people call the Peanut Butter/Powdered Sugar Chex Mix snack) has peanut butter, and my little guy can’t have that. (We found out he was allergic a month or so ago.)
I have copied the recipe from her site, but I have added my own photos. This is an easy one to make with my toddler…he is almost always involved in any preparation of sweet treats, to be honest! He likes to participate, and baking is a safer task to participate in than cooking, so I involve him whenever I can. 🙂
Cake Batter Muddy Buddies
This recipe is easily doubled. One large box of Chex cereal is enough for two batches.
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
10 ounces (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
3/4 cup yellow cake mix
1. Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl.
2. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
3. Pour Almond Bark over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Generously shake sprinkles over mixture and fold them in as well. so they stick to the Almond Bark.
4. In a large bag or covered container such as Tupperware, put cake mix and powdered sugar and shake to mix evenly.
5. Pour the Almond Bark covered cereal into the large bag or container containing cake mix and powdered sugar. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
6. Discard excess powder and enjoy!